If you are like most homeowners you don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it stops cooling, or it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to know how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and New Rochelle Appliance Repair ASAP is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you should understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to connect with appliance repair New Rochelle.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores food at the right temperature, to reduce rotting and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the inside of the unit to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call BRAND:
A compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call on a New Rochelle appliance repair service if the compressor is not working.
A condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and helps to emit the heat collected from within the refrigerator out to the air.
The evaporator is housed in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth contained inside of it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when an evaporator is not working, it is time to hire a local appliance repair company in New Rochelle. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby turning the gas back into a liquid.
The thermostat regulates the current temperature inside the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a professional appliance technician in New Rochelle for repair right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and reverts to a liquified state.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, making its way through the coils on the interior of the appliance and freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from one area and then moving it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your home, provides a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule an appointment with New Rochelle Appliance Repair ASAP.
We can fix all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced repairman in New Rochelle undergo training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and numerous other issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
Appliance Repair Cost
Appliance Repair Tips
Appliance Safety Tips
Repair or Replace Appliances
Copyright ©2019  New Rochelle Appliance Repair ASAP